welcome to tag along on our journey of faith!

2011-01-02

2011 is here!

Christmas came and went in a hurry. I was blessed to have my sister and 2 of her friends with me for 5 days and we spent the holidays with parts of Scott's family outside of Albuquerque. We had a great time.

4 days ago I went out to bring in a couple of our horses and slipped and fell on the new snow we where getting. Kinda hurt a little right away but nothing bad. So I thought. The longer the day went the weirder my hand felt. Not as much power to grip and grab stuff so I was wondering what I was going to feel like the next morning. My suspicion was right. I woke up and the pain I felt when I tried to use my left arm was BAD:( Went to the doctor and once more in my life my left biceps tendon had gotten hurt. They told me to keep my arm in a sling for three days.
I was not excited! And on top of that our weather turned bad so my horses needed extra attention to stay warm but it had to be done by someone else. Hard for me to just accept and trust that they where in good hands.

3 days of being still and letting Scott take care of me has been very hard but good. ( He does a great job:) I talked to one of my dear friends the day before I got hurt that earlier this fall broke her foot. She is like me a person that always is on her way to the next thing. Also very self sufficient. And she told me about her experience of needing help. Not knowing I would be in a similar situation just 2 days later I was feeling for her. But today I really feel for her. I also do think it is good for us busy bodies to have to sit for a while and have time to reflect on life and accept help from others.

So as you probably understand a lot of my thoughts has gone to my kids. How are they doing? What do they look like? How much and how is our life going to change when they get here? How is the process going to be in Ukraine? One day I felt really sad for the biological parents of our babies. What has been going on in their lives that they had to give up the rights to their kids? What has our kids been through before they come to us?
Lost of speculation that has led to more prayer. Cause no matter how much I speculate I won't know till later but I can always pray. And I pray that God will send his angels around them, that they will know that HE is their father and that they will experience his love this very moment.

We don't have any news at this point. Pretty soon we will have to start gathering all the papers all over again. Just tedious work but nothing hard.

Tomorrow I'll be going back to work and please pray that I will have no lingering pain from this accident.

Stay warm out there!
Blessings D

2 comments:

  1. I'm so proud of u...restless sister...
    We think a LOT of your kids as well..
    Love, big brother

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you my love. Here is an update that goes with our adoption process. I have been praying for God to work in the process of our finances for the adoption and believing that this is His heart and He will provide. Well, when we bought our new home in August of 2009 we filed for and were rejected for the first time home buyers credit because we had a mobile home in a mobile home park. To us and the banker we worked with that was not a problem becuase it was not a "proper" real estate house (ie renting the property). I sent in several requests and called about the rejection to ask why and was told there is nothing that could be done.
    A few months went by and I kept feeling that I needed to resend the paperwork with an explanation about our case, so I resent the paperwork with all the information that I felt was relevant to the situation and prayed.
    I knew that if anything would happen it would be because God's hand would be on that package and it would go to the right people at the right time. If God wanted to do a miracle this could be a perfect avenue, I felt.
    Months have gone by since submitting those papers and I have heard nothing. I have continued to let God's hand move without calling or worrying about the situation.
    Today I had to call the IRS to get some papers for Sweden that they need for Daniela's school loan. After finally getting through and getting the papers faxed over the lady at the IRS said she was sorry for the wait but she had to get some extra paperwork together due to our amended return (that put a little flutter in my stomach, could this be what we have been praying for?). I didnt want to say anything until I got the fax and looked at it.
    Right there in black and white was the amended return with a credit for not only $8000 but also for the interest of $222.19 in addition to the credit. GOD RULES!!!! He is so awesome. It brings tears to my eyes knowing how much God wants to make this happen and to show how BIG He is!
    All I can say is GOD IS GOOD!

    Thank everyone for their prayers,
    Scott

    ReplyDelete